Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Our Morning Walk in Sweden! Sept 9, 2009

Harbor in downtown Stockholm.
Park in front of Nordiska Museet.

Bay with harbor in background.


Old building now a classy restaurant.

Walking through the lush green forest.

Stockholm Rowing Club across the water.

Cows in pasture where we walk.

Bridge that crosses bay just before entering
the archipelago.

Path and tree lined canal where we walk.

Path beside bay with Nordiska Museet in background.

Famous warrior with his prey statue.

Group of pre-school children feeding the ducks. Each child wears a little bright colored safety vest.
Beautiful cathedral by our apartment.

I thought you might enjoy seeing what we encounter each morning as we take our walk. It was a bit overcast and chilly, but such beautiful sites. I never tire of the beauty the Lord has created in this gorgeous country. One big disappointment was the picture of the King's horses pulling the carriage along. Just as it was beside me, I snapped the picture; but my hair blew over the lens and that is about all you see. So, in addition to what I am posting, imagine the king's horses (4 of them) pulling the carriage along here in the forest. Maybe another day I will get a chance to take another picture of the King's horses.

1 comment:

The Allreds said...

Once again, breathtaking views. I think I'd awake early there (I'm NOT a morning person) for a chance to experience all those beautiful sights! Modesto will never look the same, will it!?!?
Looks like we had the same overcast skies the same day you did! Must be turning fall!
Have a happy end to your week.