Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Beautiful sites in Stockholm

We celebrated Rex's birthday on April 30th standing in the rain, watching a bonfire and fireworks to celebrate the end of winter and the beginning of summer. We are learning how to use the tunnelbana and the busses to get around. Most people speak English, which is helpful in the grocery store, and when we are lost. I was looking for light bulbs a week ago and asked the clerk where to find one, trying to imitate screwing in a light bulb. She noded her head yes and said come with me. She took me to the boxes of apple juice. I just smiled and said "thank you." When she left, I proceeded to look for light bulbs. Our major assignment has been a big power point for the National Directors of Public Affairs to teach them how to prepare for the BYU Young Ambassadors tour coming next year. We will be traveling to the other Nordic Countries in June to make our presentation and to meet the people with whom we will be working. I am including some beautiful sites in Stockholm that we took during our walk yesterday morning. Today we went to the Stockholm Temple and had such a spiritual feast. Life is good and there is nowhere we would rather be than serving the Lord here in Sweden right here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if she thought you were picking an apple from the tree when you showed her your sign for screwing in a light bulb. :) Funny experience! Have you encountered any other miscommunications?