




The Elders helped us get a printer yesterday and we were able to get a wireless connection to our apartment. However, everything to hook up the printer was in Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish, or Danish. This morning we called the elder who is the computer expert and said, "HELP!" We now have a printer and copier. The fax does not work as we do not have a land line.
We wanted to try out our travel passes that are good for a month, so we went to the tunnelbana and rode from close to our apartment to Centralen, which is the center for all the trains. One of the escalators reminded us of the train travel in St. Petersburg. Kali and Kevin will have fond memories of these escalators. I am including a picture of me in front of our apartment, riding the escalator, and Rex on the street heading to our apartment from the grocery store and at the park near our apartment.
We bought 2 nectarines for 15 crowns ($2.50). A bit pricey. Two grapefruit cost us 19 crowns ($3.30). We looked at some almonds for 300 crowns a kilo, which is $22.75 per pound. We'll do without almonds while living here.
I am working on a power point presentation I have to have ready on May 6. Considering I have never done one before, this is taking alot of time. I wish I had some help from any of you.
Sunday evening we had a wonderful meal with Pres. and Sister Karlsson, our mission president and his wife. They are so kind and loving. We made us feel right at home.

4 comments:
It is great to see the pictures that you posted! Stokholm looks like a very clean city! How has the weather been? It looks like you have only needed your jackets. I can't believe how expensive everything is for you! Can you believe how many mandarins and clementines we ate when you were living with us? Ryan had to buy a couple of bags of them every time he went to the grocery store! We all take little things like that for granted. We love you, and we pray for you daily!
Great pictures! It helps to see what type of area you are living in. From the looks of things, you may both lose quite a bit of weight with all the walking and lack of eating :-) You'll do fine with the presentation. Soon, you'll be the powerpoint guru!
$22.75 a pound for almonds? I'm going to buy a bunch of almonds and move to Sweden and retire. I'll be rich!
I don't know anything about Power Point either. I'm sure you'll do fine, though. I love seeing pictures! Keep taking pictures, and keep posting them! Love you guys.
Thanks for posting the pictures. I am sharing the blog with some people with whom I work. They enjoy the pictures and hearing about Sweden, also. You guys are awesome!
Post a Comment